Tuesday 5 March 2013

Fresh Air At Last



We finally managed to get out of the house and head into the adjacent fields for a walk today. You can call us fine weather walkers I suppose but there's not a great deal of fun in tramping across muddy tracks whilst chilled to the bone or soaked to the skin.


But there was no chance of that here in Framlingham today as the sun shone from dawn to dusk. We picked up a leaflet with a couple of circular walks in town the other day and thought that we'd give them a try. We somehow managed to stray away from the correct path and added an extra mile or two to the five miles planned. 


March hares were out in force. We counted as many as six in one field but they remained camera shy. There is one flying across the field in this photo but you'll need eagle eyes to spot it.



The route took us around the grounds of our fabulous local castle. We've read all about it but are saving a visit until we get around to joining English Heritage.


It was time for us to be very proud parents again yesterday as Paul's latest creation Beat The Pack aired on BBC1 at 3 p.m. Hosted by the very likeable Jake Humphreys, the show's contestants battle it out to try and win a prize fund of £12,000. It's a great format and we hope that it's another success for the BBC.


I had my very own moment of fame today when Scott Pack (check out meandmybigmouth over there on my blog recommendations) sent me this photo of a page from the paperback edition of Jim Bob's Driving Jarvis Ham. I reviewed this hilarious novel on Amazon when it was published last year and I'm dead chuffed to see my comment alongside those from Time Out, Dave Gorman and The Independent on Sunday. 

I've not written any Amazon book reviews recently. That's not to say that I haven't been reading but  recent reads, Wolf Hall, Bring Up The Bodies, The Fountainhead and The Testament Of Jessie Lamb  already have more than enough reviews to let buyers make their own minds up.

No comments: