Monday 21 October 2013

Twisting The Night Away


When you live in a sleepy rural community you might expect the highlight of the social calendar to be a sewing talk at the WI. But how wrong you would be. On Saturday night we joined a couple of Marion's Zumba friends and their partners at Kettleburgh Village Hall. According to Google, the village's population is a little over 200 but it seemed that most of them turned out for a performance by Suffolk musicians The Fat Band.



There were ten musicians in the group and they played for almost three hours. With a repertoire ranging from blues to rock, they went down a storm with the locals who twisted the night away with performances that would have put Chubby Checker to shame. Five or six of the band were approaching (or maybe even past) seventy but they played with as much youthful vigour and exuberance as JLS and One Direction. Great fun. Catch them if you can.


We had a day out shopping in Norwich yesterday. I was spoiled for choice in Jarrolds and liked every pair of shoes that I tried on, so I bought them all and shouldn't be short of footwear again for a while. After that I bought some shirts and a cardigan in House of Fraser. I also attempted to buy a coat from them but fell foul of some strange security block that stopped me from buying it. I'll be writing more about this and hope it will be in praise of House Of Fraser customer services but over twenty four hours later and still no joy I have a horrible feeling that it won't.


No comments: