Monday 4 November 2013

Call That A Cake, Bake Off?

I've often mentioned the fabulous (and ridiculously underpriced ) celebration cakes made by our old friend and colleague Jan Harbon. Whenever we've had a big event in our lives Jan has turned up trumps with something beautifully creative and highly original.



Like this beautiful strawberry creation made for our daughter Sarah's thirtieth. Each of the strawberries and every leaf and flower was made individually and the butterflies looked amazingly real.




When we celebrated Rose's arrival there was this gorgeous cake made up with alphabet blocks, children's toys and, of course, roses.



And on my 60th there was this cake celebrating my metal detecting hobby when Jan recreated many of my detecting finds in icing - a truly remarkable feat.

But Jan has now taken things to a new level. I was checking out her recent Facebook posts and saw a link to her grandson's birthday cake. It's not just a cake, it's a true masterpiece that would not have looked out of place amongst the competitors in the Hotelympia Salon Culinaire. Check out this click here and see how good she is. I know that Jan is planning to make The Cake Shed Southport a business rather than a hobby so please keep her details in mind for your special celebration.

While I was watching Jan's video of her cake I remembered how I used to spend time in between taking phone calls at work watching videos on YouTube and embedding the best in my blog. I haven't had time to do this since I retired but after spending a day with our lovely granddaughter Catherine yesterday and seeing her laugh so much I remembered this one.









No comments: