Tuesday 16 July 2019

On The Mend (Fingers Crossed)

As I said when I last blogged, I chose to go for private treatment for my herniated disc as the NHS were not planning to see me for weeks and the pain was getting me down. I was drugged up to the eyeballs with painkillers and getting no sleep.

I am fortunate to have been able to buy private treatment and I am sure that NHS waiting periods could cause irreparable harm to less fortunate people in a similar position. The pain causes a downward spiral in health and fitness and spirits get lower and lower (yes, even for an upbeat bloke like me).

After a brief panic over extremely raised blood pressure (no idea what caused it but sitting around for three months can't have helped) I was given the go ahead to have the treatment and at eight o'clock on Thursday I was wheeled into theatre. I was anaesthetised in seconds and back in my private room within half an hour. The nerve root block appears to have been a success and after hobbling around on crutches for three months I can, at last, stand up straight and walk without pain. I hope that it lasts. The only remaining symptom is a fuzzy tingling feeling in my lower leg. I hope it goes and the pain stays away. I've been clear of painkillers for five days now. 



We're regular visitors to the excellent Dancing Goat Cafe here in Framlingham. Pull up a seat at one of the outside tables and you're guaranteed an interesting coffee break.



Now that the new sofa and rug are in the newly decorated lounge, we've started to hang a few pieces of art. We've gone for a local touch and both these original pieces are by local Suffolk artists.


It's been a big few weeks for sport since I last wrote. Son Paul took our granddaughter Catherine to the World Cup Final in France. This was their view.

I spent Sunday flicking between tennis and cricket. I don't follow either sport but have to say that both finals were exciting spectacles. Even Marion came to watch the final minutes of the cricket - and enjoyed it.



The eBay packing saga seems endless. Here's another disaster. I found this super Ironstone dish (which was made over two hundred years ago) for just a few pounds but yet again the seller used inadequate packing material.


I've been spoilt rotten by Marion during my long lay off so I treated her this weekend and cooked for her for the first time in months. The fresh lobsters from Darren on Framlingham market were delicious. Hopefully I will be back to doing half the work here again soon but Marion keeps stopping me from overdoing it and she's still doing the lion's share. I do appreciate it.



I was well enough to get out in the car at the weekend (Marion drove still) and we got to the lovely village of Orford.

 

I wasn't up to a long walk but had a tasty breakfast at the famous Pump St Bakery.


With the weather fairly unsettled we've managed to catch a couple of films. Yesterday has had a pasting from the critics but its been playing to huge audiences here in Suffolk where it was filmed and I see that the public ratings are very high. The Greatest Showman got a similar reaction from the critics but was a box office smash. I know that Yesterday has a ridiculous plot (some sort of cosmic event causes The Beatles to disappear from history but just one young musician remembers them. He recreates their music) but it is a pleasant and sweet love story with a lot of great music and, obviously, some fabulous Suffolk locations.



Midsommar is the polar opposite of Yesterday. The critics heaped praise on this overlong and weird story about a remote Swedish cult and their summer rituals and, with this sort of critical acclaim it will no doubt feature in the Oscar nominations. If you've seen The Wicker Man you'll get the idea except that The Wicker Man was genuinely scary, slightly sexy and totally entertaining. Apart from being beautifully shot in glorious saturated colours, this is a tedious and gory 140 minutes - give it a miss.


I'll close with a mention of framstuff.co.uk. We just bought these super enamelled mugs designed here in Framlingham and finely decorated with a scene of the castle from a lino print by renowned local artist Jem Seeley. Check them out. They've got lots of super local stuff.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The only man who can help you to fix your Marriage and Relationship or after a Divorce or Breakup,I want to let the whole world know about Dr Oseiboh the Great spell caster that brought back the father of my 2 kids after we have been separated for 4 years.I only pay for the items required for the spell and he cast the spell for me within 48hours my ex called me and beg me to forgive him for every thing and now we are back together.if you need a real and quick love spell,or pregnancy problem than Dr Oseiboh is the answer you can email him now on droseiboh12@gmail.com add him on whatsapp line or call +2347017565415.
CONTACT HIM FOR ANY KIND OF HELP,MONEY SPELL,LOTTERY,PREGNANCY SPELL, DIVORCE SPELL,STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL.

Lwinx said...

1: erkek spor ayakkabı

2: erkek spor ayakkabı

3: erkek spor ayakkabı

4: erkek spor ayakkabı

5: erkek spor ayakkabı

6: erkek spor ayakkabı